Who doesn’t love to be pampered? No one, right? And just like you feel when you get those regular massages, that’s the same feeling your lawn gets when you aerate the compactness in the soil beneath.
So, don’t hesitate to show love to your lawn whenever you can, and be rest assured your lawn will repay you back immensely;
- One by enabling you to breathe clean and fresh air; the healthier your lawn is, the better your air quality becomes
- A healthy lawn eliminates soil erosion
- A healthier lawn is much better at countering weed growth and warding off pests and diseases
- You also get to enjoy the beauty it brings to your home
- And with a thick, lush green lawn, you get to enjoy a noise-free home because a dense lawn acts as a sound absorber, so you don’t have to worry about the noise down the street.
So, wouldn’t it be nice to give your lawn a little treat?
Here’s what you need to do:
- Start by lawn clearing
Get rid of the leaves, weeds, and twigs dreading your yard. Leaves lying on your grass could potentially inhibit grass growth by acting as sunlight blockers.
- Mow appropriately
When mowing, make sure your mower is sharp enough, and ensure you follow the one-third rule without cutting too low.
- Invest in a smart irrigation system installation
An upgrade to a smart sprinkler ensures your lawn’s moisture needs are well taken care of.
One of the secrets to achieving a lush green dense lawn is by seeding over your existing property. Overseed in early fall for the cool season grass and early spring for the warm-season grass.
- Test your lawn soil and fertilize appropriately
A soil test will show if your soil is deficient in any nutrients, and it will also show you the pH level of the soil. From there, you’ll know the necessary steps to replenish it.
There’s so much lawn maintenance you can do to achieve the best lawn in the neighborhood, and these are just the basics.